Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Canadians in shock over Autumn & Peter’s royal divorce. Who now is left other than Countess Sylvana to be a Canadian subject at HM’s court?

• I shouldn't think so, I didn't even know her, I just thought she was one of the four seasons...no not that Four Seasons.

• Elaine

First I heard of us being in shock over another divorce.  Most of us Canadians have never heard of Autumn and Peter Philips. 

Was on the phone with my 23 year old Canadian cousin and she said she's never heard of any of these people. 

• Clo

Canadians are not in shock....they have had time to digest this sad news.

Divorce is quite common these days, not at all unusual as you, anonymuncle, wish to portray it.

We have no idea about the number of Canadians serving as courtiers and office workers in the Queen's British court.

And, anonymuncle, there is a difference between being a family member and being a courtier, a serving member of the Queen's court.

I am a Canadian, and I am not in shock.  Divorce happens, at all levels of society.  It makes no difference at all to the relationship of the Queen of Canada to her country.

Didn't think Canadians were such snowflakes,

but I guess there will always be some who are.

Canadians in shock - really?    I'd imagine the average Canadian has more important things to be concerned about than yet another divorce!!  Yes it's sad because it shows how few people actually make a commitment when they marry these days, but it's just that - sad.

Why should they be, divorce isn't exactly uncommon.

Hardly breaking news or unexpected. Ms Sylvana Tomaselli has no role in the British court and Canada is represented by its Queen (in the unlikely event that would ever be required).