Are there any american summer camps that allow couples to apply together?

My partner and I are taking a cross state trip in April next year and were hoping to immediately follow with a summer camp. On contact with Camp America and Americamp I've been advised they prefer people go alone to encourage mingling and therefore do not allow for joint applications of any kind. As my girlfriend and I are looking to go on this adventure together we would only consider going to the same camp. Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!

• Mrsjvb

No.  Everyone must apply and be accepted or denied on their own merits.  

No...You apply individually.😉

• drip

I really don’t know of a place that takes joint applications.  You apply separately and see if you both are accepted for a job there.  Then plan the trip 

Many organizations frown on hiring couples because of the inherent problems that doing so might entail. Firstly, couples can create drama, and that's not conducive to a comfortable working environment - nobody wants to see you two fight or hear you argue, and management sure doesn't want that kind of nonsense around the campers. Secondly, a couple's loyalty is always going to be to one another before the job. Many companies refrain from hiring couples because if there's a disciplinary issue or performance issue with one, then there's likely going to be one with the other as well. If one of you gets homesick and decides to break contract, the other one will also be out the door, so it's not a wise decision from a business standpoint. Lastly, employees are paid to tend to their duties, not fraternize with one another. Couples are more likely to break the rules when it comes to associating with coworkers only at designated times or in designated areas, and it's true that throwing a couple into the mix with a bunch of single people will certainly affect the group dynamic. Couples are not as inclined to make friends and invest themselves in others because they often feel that they don't need anybody else. This is not a job forum, so you would likely get better answers in another section, but I can see why many summer camps might be reluctant to hire a couple when there are plenty of single people available that don't have the same potential to cause issues after being hired. If you want to travel, find a job and earn money first, then take a trip when you have some vacation time. Any potential employer will immediately see what you're trying to do - you want free room and board and a paycheck to hang out with your girlfriend. If it were my decision I'd bin your application as well.