beer pong hole cutouts?

i have a beer pong table made from wood - and i want to cut circle into the table to place the cups. suggestions on how i create a solo cup cutting template to make sure the hole widths are perfectly aligned in a triangle when the cups are in the hole? 

• John P

I assume that you are in  the USA. What is a 'beer pong table'? In the UK the only use for the word 'pong' is as a nasty smell.

I usually print out a CAD file onto paper and stick that down if I want to precisely set things out on a surface. You could use desk grommets which give a little leeway to tidy up the holes if cutting by hand. If it was me I would rough it all out on mdf until I was happy with it, and then use that as a cutting jig, with a router. Even easier if you have access to a CNC machine to make the template, but realise that may not be possible. Given the cups can be a bit wobbly in the holes anyways, maybe you don't need that much precision.