Moving away from home?

I want some second opinions on moving away from home after college. After I finish my grad school program I want to move away and just experience a new city but just for a few years (probably two). Is this a smart move? I want to move back to be with family after.

• drip

What job do you want? You have your Masters degree,  apply all over the US. See what offers you get, how good are they, what is the salary. What is the cost of living. Don’t limit yourself to jobs only around your parents home. See what your options are. 

Personally I think it would do most young people a world of good.  

Lots of people do it. If you want to then do. We have no way of knowing if it's smart move or not, and maybe you wouldn't even know until you did it.

Is it a smart move based on what?   You've given us zero context or details.

Sit down and make a list of pros, cons and what-ifs. 

"I want to move back to be with family after."  That's what you think now.  But it may not happen.   You could find your dream job in another city.   You could get knocked up (or knock someone else up) in another city. 

If you truly, truly want to live in the same city as your family throughout your adulthood, I suggest that's where you stay.   Go live somewhere else and you risk putting down roots there even if you don't plan on doing so.