Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Am I permitted to burn the American flag if I want to?

Especially if I don’t live in the US?

Could I be extradited?

For instance, if I film myself

Sure. You're also permitted to get your @$$ stomped into the ground.

• Sam

Yes you are.............

Yes. It is consider part of your First admendment rights.

Be sure to chant allahu akbar then blow yourself up.

• ?

It is not against the law but why would you do that?

If you hate America that much, move somewhere where you will be happier..

Per update, you really are stupid aren't you?   Be honest.  

• Troy

Do so respectfully and with all traditions a d protocols and never let it touch the ground.

Aww jeez man I don't know but if it's your flag do whatever you want with it but it's probably not a good idea to do it at the VFW picnic.

Yes. In fact, US Flag Code ( 4 U.S. Code § 8) states that there are only two ways to properly dispose of an American flag: burn it or bury it. The Boy Scouts of America and the US Military, they burn flags all the time. When I was a Boy Scout, we would get American flags from people all the time, like from schools and churches and other community members, to dispose of for them, and we'd burn them. It was usually because the flag had gotten tattered or faded or stained or was otherwise in such condition that it was no longer appropriate to fly it, as per US Flag Code.  

Old tattered flags are to be destroyed by fire according to the American Flag Code. The American Legion destroys hundreds of them like that every year. 

Sure, but you may stir up some emotions getting you chastised by someone who is a Real American.

If not am American and not in the USA there is likely some extremist group that provides flags for that very purpose. Be sure you don't steal someone elses flag.