Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Am I permitted to burn the American flag if I want to?

Update:

Especially if I don’t live in the US?

Could I be extradited?

Update 2:

For instance, if I film myself

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sure. You're also permitted to get your @$$ stomped into the ground.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes you are.............

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes. It is consider part of your First admendment rights.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Be sure to chant allahu akbar then blow yourself up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It is not against the law but why would you do that?

If you hate America that much, move somewhere where you will be happier..

Per update, you really are stupid aren't you?   Be honest.  

• Troy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Do so respectfully and with all traditions a d protocols and never let it touch the ground.

• 5 months ago

Aww jeez man I don't know but if it's your flag do whatever you want with it but it's probably not a good idea to do it at the VFW picnic.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes. In fact, US Flag Code ( 4 U.S. Code § 8) states that there are only two ways to properly dispose of an American flag: burn it or bury it. The Boy Scouts of America and the US Military, they burn flags all the time. When I was a Boy Scout, we would get American flags from people all the time, like from schools and churches and other community members, to dispose of for them, and we'd burn them. It was usually because the flag had gotten tattered or faded or stained or was otherwise in such condition that it was no longer appropriate to fly it, as per US Flag Code.  

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Old tattered flags are to be destroyed by fire according to the American Flag Code. The American Legion destroys hundreds of them like that every year. 

• 5 months ago

Sure, but you may stir up some emotions getting you chastised by someone who is a Real American.

If not am American and not in the USA there is likely some extremist group that provides flags for that very purpose. Be sure you don't steal someone elses flag.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.