Can a gas line be in a vented box in concrete flush with the floor?

I'd like to have access to a quick connect gas line for my firepit table but don't want to see the gas line. Before I pour concrete, is it ok to make a box in the floor that will have a vented concrete cover over it? The concrete cover would be flush with the rest of the concrete to hide the pipe and would be a few inches below all the concrete. Is the allowable? 

I would install a two inch PVC pipe in the slab so I could snake in a gas line later and still be able remove it if necessary for repair. The vented box is ok as a junction box for the connection to the fire pit. 

I would put it in a (vented) trench with paving slabs that you can lift. Whether it is permissible depend on the type of gas and where you live.

What do you do if the line breaks?  You will be needing a jackhammer.  Back to the drawing board.

• Rick

best check the building code in your city .....................