What will RAM and Storage for laptops be like in 2030?

I would like to know what people would most likely have for gaming laptops and just common laptops. Thanks

For a Gaming PC, 256mb to maybe 512mg was the norm in 2000, 4gb was the norm in 2010 and 16gb is the norm today. Right now, 32gb of RAM can be had for a decent price.

IMO, I think 64gb will be standard in 2030 but I might be wrong because both Intel and AMD will continue to focus on multi-core processors like never before. More cores need more RAM, more RAM bandwidth and channels.... which is the focus of DDR5. 128gb could very well be the standard in 10 years. Aside from guessing, 32gb to 128gb will be standard for a gaming PC by then.

In 2020, 8gb is a good number for basic tasks but programs like Chrome and Windows love RAM. So 16gb is be standard in the near future. I think 32gb to 64gb will be standard in 10 years.

In the next 3-7 years, I do think we'll get to the point where people will frequently ask how many cores their Gaming Laptop or Desktop should have.

Most computers will have moved to 100% Flash storage by then. Online/Cloud storage might become more popular when or if internet speeds become faster than what a standard Hard Drive can run. One of the goals of Intel's Optane memory is to integrate Cache/RAM with storage.

250 to 320GBs of storage.

• keerok

"640 should be enough for anyone"

I would guess 16gb or at a push 32 gb memory for ram.  Storage terabyte ssd probably normal.

If there is a new technology better than ssd (such as something as fast as ram) maybe that instead.

Currently 8 is fine 16 is available to some programs.

Since every five years there seem to be breakthroughs; what the future will reveal is open.

Also, it should be remembered that AOC and her cohorts say the World will end in 10 years. So I won't fret it.

• ?

Well the general rule of thumb is the processibg power doubles every 18 months. Extrapolating that out, in a decades time we.should have computers 100 times as efficient as what we have now, so something like 6e terrabyte ram and harddrives approaching the petabyte range