Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 month ago

My family hate when I play piano, what do I do?

Its usually the opposite where kids hate being forced to play piano, but in my case, my whole family hates when I play piano. I've been playing for a whole year, good enough to play classical pieces without any mistakes, so I'm pretty sure the problem is not it sounding ugly. However, whenever I am playing with my family around, they always yell at me and slam their doors. Playing when they are not home is an issue too because they are ALWAYS at home. So in conclusion, I love playing piano, but my family despises it; what do I do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Tell them to deal with it. They should be supportive of what you love and enjoy doing.

• Nicey8
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

hello, please buy a digital piano and practise with headphones. You need at least 8 years to sound good on the piano.

Neighbours may complain about the piano too.

or switch to the guitar; it is easier to learn.

All the best.

• 1 month ago

An electric keyboard with headphones is a good idea.  Your family seems to have a mental condition.  You might ask them if they would like it if you played pop tunes.

• GF
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You're making noise and they don't like it. Try an electric keyboard with headphones. I bet they won't be unhappy with that 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't think it has anything to do with your playing. However, you might play too much for their liking and they may feel like they're hearing it all the time so it starts to become annoying. Talk to your family and allocate a time in the day when you will practice. The rest of the time will be piano free. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.