Can you be denied future employment from a past breathalyzer test? (Not a DUI)?

I finally found a job, after four months of searching, through a temp service; after they told me that there were numerous other jobs available (and I passed a background check and substance screening), about two weeks later I was told that they could not place me in any job because of the fact that I left my last job because they smelled alcohol on me, sent me to a local lab for a breathalyzer, and I came back a .197 (which for my 150-pound body weight should have been near-fatal).  This was my first ever breathalyzer, and was NOT a DUI situation in any sense.  Basically, can someone use BS four-month-old alcohol tests to deny employment for someone who is qualified? In Ohio? Again, this is not from a DUI. I am not a convicted felon nor have I ever had drug or alcohol-related offenses of any kind.

You have no right to a job, any employer can decline to hire you (unless it's specifically for "discrimination" reasons such as race, color, creed etc.)  Sounds like your record of being fired due to the alcohol is one that doesn't fit. Try another agency.

• xyzzy

You can be denied employment for any reason or actually for no reason. You do not have the right to a job.

they shouldnt be able to, maybe you should talk to a lawyer about it