Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Is it legal to sell apple cases?

Hello, I wonder if I can sell iPhone cases with logo if iPhone? I am enclosing photo. Is it legal to sell this (not claiming it is original)? If not, how can I sell them legally?

Thank you!

A company owns the rights to the use of their logo and nobody else can use it commercially without that company's permission. They are not going to give or sell you permission to use their logo because it would be in direct competition with their own products.

• Maxi

Counterfiet branded products pretending to be something they are not is illegal to sell....... local law enforcement and apple will take action as it is fraud

Without arranging it first with Apple, you can't legally sell anything with their logo on it (unless you're simply reselling an authorized product).Doing so is considered counterfeiting and fraud, because it takes income away from the company that made the Apple brand desirable to consumers. You can't just swoop in and take advantage of their branding. Are you Chinese, by chance? This is how they operate.

Once you put the Apple logo on something, you need to get permission from Apple.

Apple has lawyers that aggressively check the internet for counterfeit items, and they also aggressively pursue copyright infringement. It will wind out to be fairly expensive for you.

• Robert

Apple and other companies take their copyrighted logos seriously.  You can not manufacture any item with a logo unless you have their permission.  

Yes, so long as they are just literal and not counterfeit.