Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 6 months ago

Do pro life care about a living life or just the unborn?

Abortion can actually be used to save lives this is a fact 60% of women who do get abortions have children. My mom is not really for abortion but she got one to save her own life. She got pregnant and then got told she had ovarian cancer and this was when I was a 3rd grader. So she needed to actually get an abortion to save her own life so if she didn't I would probably have a dead mom. Yet I know people that want to say that abortion should be wrong no matter what and it's like well some women need to save their own lives and they already have kids to take care of so do you actually care about a living life. Also same people who complain about abortion are also people that complain about social programs. So it's great when the baby isn't born but then when it does become born the baby doesn't matter especially if the mom uses social programs. There is this whole hypocrisy in pro life ideas.

The Bible does also make claims of supporting abortion like Numbers 5:11-31 so please don't use the Bible with me. And how do you know most abortions are done just for the fact that they don't want the child? Have you asked most people that have gotten them? What about when Alabama wanted to make it illegal in all circumstances even though a 11 year old girl was raped got pregnant and pretty much forced to have the child? What about Argentina where having a miscarriage can be a prison sentence?

Like anything else there are shades of "pro-life" and shades of "pro-choice". Most people favor on demand abortions up to a reasonable point in the pregnancy and even some who call themselves pro-life are okay with termination to save the life of the mother. But there are radical zealots on both sides of the argument and sadly they're the ones that grab the headlines. This is an editorial decision made by our media wherein the left-leaning outlets make all pro-life people sound insane while the right-leaning outlets make all pro-choice people sound insane. In truth most Americans are somewhere between those two extremes. 

You have a strange interpretation of Numbers 5.

My wife was told the same thing. Then, after the birth, she was tested. And, no cancer found.

Often, there is no choice to be made. Ovarian cancer does lead to death. However, well over 95%  of abortions are not to save a life.

I'm sorry for the women that have to rely on social programs. Women should just say no...unless they have a husband.

• Sally

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is." Sister Joan Chittister

What you are describing makes up only a minuscule percentage of abortions. The majority are the woman killing the baby because they do not want to be burdened. Why do pro-choice people always go to the argument about rape or the safety of the woman when these circumstances make up only a tiny part of the total abortions? It is because admitting that the reason is because a baby would be inconvenient and therefore must be eliminated doesn't sound too good.