Gen asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 3 months ago

Hi. I live in Japan and I'm Japanese. I am seriously thinking to be farmer in the U.S. How can I became a farmer in the U.S? ?

7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Um ok wow, it's a kinda hard to imagine a young professional Japanese person with proper education wanting to move from a highly developed nation full of better options to the US just to become a farmer. If you are actually serious about this I suggest you go to the US consulate and discuss this issue they might be able to give you a work visa. Im not sure if you want to buy land and own the land yourself to start a farm or if you want to simply work for a company in a agricultural setting like working at a strawberry field. If you want to be a worker in the fields first you must find a agriculture based job, keep in mind that the pay isn't that great it ranges from minimum wage to slightly above and depending on the field work you spend the majority of the day in the sun. I'm not sure why you would want that type of low paying bellow mediocre job where you will benefit from government financial aid. Here in California the main agriculture jobs are strawberry and other kinds of berry, oranges, avocado, and grapes and other fruits and vegetables, not sure what state your planning on moving. If you want to purchase the land yourself and start your own farm then it would be wise to have some knowledge on agriculture if you want to grow crops on the land, not to mention you need to pay for the parcel and utilities such as water and irrigation. Either way you must get a visa and choose what state you would like to begin your farm life. If farming is really what you want to do then I don't know what to tell yah do what you gotta do to get that bag I guess but I suggest you lay off the anime first bud the US has a whole lot better opportunities and jobs to offer especially if you speak English.

  • 2 months ago

    Why go to U.S, please come to China, we welcome a lot of japanese farmers to our country. 

  • 2 months ago

    I do not know about the USA. However, I can tell you for a fact that Canada offers farm visas for immigrants who commit to buy land and work it. PM me if you are serious. 

  • Quinn
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    1) Emigrate to the US.

    2) Buy some farmland.

    3) Farm the land - assuming you already know how.

    The difficult part is having the money to pay for the land and the various necessary farming equipments. Finding a good plot of land is actually not hard because many American farmers are giving up and selling their farms. Being a farmer in the US is not an easy life unlike in Japan where the Japanese government gives a lot of subsides to farmers and artificially keep food prices high.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

    Why don't you go to psychiatry?

  • 3 months ago

    There is no realistic way for you to be a farmer in the USA unless you have the funds to buy or invest in a farm.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    talk to immigration about it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.