Can navy vet wear uniform?

Can a Navy veteran wear just the bottoms of the old blueberry uniform? Just for work purposes? Only the bottoms, not the top. Specifically for working outdoors to be protected from sandblasting?

They still have my name take on it 

Yes.

They are just pants.

• Gregg

I loved using my khaki pants after I left the Navy.  It blends well with just about any shirt color...

As long as there are no Navy insignia on it,   go right ahead.  

• John

Mom wore my old dungarees when gardening, I got too big.

I wore my old uniforms  working out in my vineyard after I got out......until they fell apart.   What was I suppose to do with them?  Save them for posterity?   I used them for work rags  as long as they lasted. 

• ?

No problem, just wear the bottoms -- even with your "name take" on it. Your name on your BUTT is NOT a national security item of information or even STOLEN VALOR.

• Daniel

Nobody cares.  They are just ugly 'camo' pants.  It's not like you are running around wearing a full uniform with rank insignia and name tapes.  

UPDATE:  No one cares that your name is on your a$$ either.