UPGRADED MY CPU NOTHING CHANGED??

Alright I upgraded my computer did my bios update everything going good I boot it up everything runs well. I go check my computer system information and my CPU is the same as the one I had before. I double checked my old cpu i had out on the table and it was the one that was replaced. SOOOOO did I get scammed and not only did I get scammed but the cpu happened to be the same exact as the one I replaced OR is this some sort of bug but I really have the new cpu i installed its just not showing the correct one on my computer system information? PS I bought it from Amazon seller was digitalcpu. What the actual heck. I mean idk if its placebo but it does seem slightly faster lmao but thats probably just the new thermal paste I bought. Damn this sucks because if this was a scam even the processor I bought from them had the processor ID which was an I7. But nope system information says its an i5 what kind of elaborate scammy bs is this.

AND BY THE PROCESSOR ID I MEAN THE ID ON THE BACK OF THE LITERAL CPU WHERE THE THERMAL PASTE IS APPLIED

GUYS STILL LEAVE AN ANSWER. But i restarted my computer again AND BOOM my actual CPU is changed on system information. Not sure why it didnt show in the first boot. Please still explain to me why this happened. 

I upgraded a system from an Athlon II x4 to a Phenom II x6 and it took a couple of Boot cycles for the system to pick up the new CPU and the core count increase. 

Run benchmarks to make sure the CPU is performing correctly.

Sometimes CPU upgrades don't work well with the O.S. and in these cases the O.S. will need to be reinstalled.

You can use CPU-Z to verify your CPU and CPU-Z even has a benchmark and stress test portion.

It takes time for device manager to get things right and the O.S. might have updated the Chipset drivers.

• MIKE

hahaha its because the BIOS was not reset or updated yet. Its okay, It happens to the best of us

You can go into Device Manager and right click on the first entry then select (scan for hardware changes)

Source(s): Comptia A+ & Network+ certs

You were scammed. Lodge an official complaint

You won't tell what motherboard, what BIOS, what operating system, so no guessing from far away for you.

run DxDiag from the command prompt and read the CPU information from it.  DxDiag accesses the internal to the cpu code, not stored memory from somewhere else.  And yes, it is possible that you were scammed.