How important is the religious faith of the US Presidential candidates to you ?

Do you know or  even care what religions/ denominations Trump, Pence, Biden or harris belong to ?

Update:

I know for sure it was a very big deal back in 1960 , 60 years ago when JFK ran.

Update 2:

I agree with you Larry C. " One Nation under God" sounds pretty conclusive of that fact.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

its not. I would prefer them to be a clear thinking atheist.

• 2 months ago

Not very -- I'm more concerned with their character and integrity.

• 2 months ago

I'm not as worried about their religious faith as much as I am about their ability to prevent it from getting in the way of making unbiased decisions.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No that is not as important as the way they live their lives.  ARe they liars and say bad things about others that they know is a lie?  I think Trump is the anti christ.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's not.  Religion is not supposed to be part of government, and anyone who puts the religion of a candidate first is anti-Constitution.

• 2 months ago

I am Canadian, so, I do not care at all about US politics.  In my own country, a politician's religious view, or lack of them, are irrelevant to my voting choices.

• 2 months ago

Pence is a creationist moron, reason enough to not vote for him.

• User
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's one of several characteristics that I look for

because (of course) I want a President who shares my values

(relative to the "political arena").

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not in the least bit.  I do not care if they have religion for their own personal use, but I prefer somebody who is not overly religious as it does NOT belong in government, just as the founders ensured in the Constitution.   We are not a theocracy. 

• TB12
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Honestly I really couldn't care less,, it's only the right wing evangelical types that care about that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.