Trey asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Covid and a 30 year old?

Can Covid 19 kill a 30 year old with no Pre Conditions 

yes          .

• John P

Yes it 'can', but rarely does kill people in their 20s and 30s. As I recollect from news in Britain, the youngest death was a boy of 13 years, but note that a lady of 103 years recovered.

• jean

the corona virus has different strains, some worse than others

are you obese...............

Chances are low but most likely it may have long lasting effects for the 30 year old's physical health

Maybe.

I read that the covid-19 damages the heart, and I watched an online video of a young girl who got infected, and her heart stopped beating, but she was lucky enough to get her heart restarted.

Perhaps there are people who can survive from getting infected, but, for other people well that's a different story.

Uncommon, unlikely, but can happen

• Petter

It can, but in 99,999% of the cases it doesn't.

It can but you are likely to recover

• Rick B

Of course it can, but it rarely does.  If they are Hispanic and/or overweight, they tend to have a more severe case.  Diabetes, hypertension, and of course, lung disease also tend to have more complications and poorer outcome.  Unfortunately, it seems to affect everyone differently.  I have young patients who have done well, and some who have died.  The same goes for some older patients.