Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Overcoming extreme anxiety??

I used to be confident, but was bullied and isolated by my friends throughout my final year of school. I was told me no-one likes me, my close friends blocked me on social media and cropped me from photos. They once invited me over, but when I thought I was finally accepted, the locked me out and laughed me. I developed clinical depression, self harmed and was emotionally numb. I performed poorly in university the next year, and only got my life on track after a further yr of therapy. Those 'friends' who didn't know of my mental health, still bullied me as I hadn't graduated.

I'm now 25, and I just finished my masters in finance after completing a double degree in finance and actuarial science. But no matter what, I still feel insecure and worthless. I find it hard to believe anyone would want to be friends with me. I feel sick when people speak to me. How do I overcome this?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

By spending a lot of time with people who accept you. Treat people the way you want to be treated with care and consideration and you will be Ok.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.