Christians, do you realize that your conception of "the Word of God" came from ancient philosophers,not from the Jewish Bible (the Old Tes.)?

Where did you found in the Tanach (the Old Testament) idea of the Word as a living being, an emanation of God, divine essence? Instead, we found these ideas in Greek philosophy, in numerous schools: for instance, take an interest in the cynics' teachings on the Logos.

In the New Testament, authors use exactly that word and put special meaning into it. Is it a coincidence?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • How do you know that any similarities are because God created man in His own image?" according to Gen 1:27?  <Can More Than a Khanqueror Uncle Travus Tsuper Kuiper Juan Amongst a Trillion DuMore good by Any and All Holy Means Necessary in The Almighty Name of The LORD YaHaVaH Who Was Is and Will Be The Only True God and None Other Than our Great God The Righteous Tsalvation of Justice Anointed KING of kings LORD of lords GOD of gods The Tsupreme JESUS CHRIST The Only Potentate Tzedekelizedek HaMashiach a High Priest Forever and Ever and Evermore According to the Order of Melchizedek Amen Hallelujah i Believe?>

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Do you realize you're completely wrong?

• 3 months ago

The Jews were on a strictly "need to know basis" until Jesus, the Holy Messiah arrived, to fill in all the blanks. Unfortunately for the Jews, they rejected Jesus and his teachings.

• 3 months ago

No, I realize that MY concept of the Word of God has its origins in the New Testament and the Old (the Hebrew Bible).

You can't be honest and deny that Moses and the prophets foretold a New Covenant, to be established by the prophet greater than Moses.

You can't be honest and deny that YHWH was to be born as a human being.  Isaiah 9:6, 7.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

It as the interaction with the Jews that resulted in the great advances in philosophy that took place in Greece after intellectual contact with that religion. The core of those teachings predates the Greek schools of philosophy you mention in the Jewish religion.

So the Greeks stole it from the Jews and adapted it.

Jesus bypassed both the Greeks and the Jewish religious leaders. He presented the truth in one of the shortest forms possible.

• 3 months ago

The Logos is an example, yes.

• 3 months ago

Their conception of the "word of God" comes from preachers and theologians who change their minds about the meaning every few decades. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

🥴 Ok? 

So.... what does that have to do with anything if Scholars are still allowing the Bible to be advertised as a valid source for Christianity?

• 3 months ago

I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU...IVE BEEN BORN AGAIN SINCE 1976!!

• 3 months ago

THE OLD TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN thousands of years before the GREEKS even existed. THINK AGAIN... 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.