Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why do so many questions get deleted lately even when they arent clear violations?

Seems like a lot of things get removed now on this site. I would almost never get content deleted but lately it seems my questions are removed almost randomly. Any type of question about controversial events seems to be fair game now. I asked "What would likely happen if Derek Chauvin were ever acquitted or pardoned?" and this was removed. 

Is Oath using some sort of new criteria that isn't being published instead of Yahoo's old guidelines?

I think its automatic now by how many times it hot reported, but it still gets reviewed or put back. Only problem is by the time it does, it's been buried in the feed.

They were probably deleted because they were posted by someone who's account is flagged and/or they have multiple accounts and one of them has been flagged.  Maybe Yahoo is testing how the comments would run if all associated accounts were banned if just one account of a person with multiple accounts gets banned. 

I can only speak for myself, but I often report questions if the person has me blocked since I have no way to answer or comment and it ticks me off.

• Lester

Because if someone doesnt like you they report your questions which is biased in my view

• Zirp

oath isn't doing anything. Questions get deleted when enough users report them.

"What would likely happen? " can be reported as "not seeking knowledge".

"what do *you* think would happen?" would be reported as chat

• Daniel

You clearly dont understand the Rules Because the Question you Mention is a Violation of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines 

It is Chat asking any kind of Guess Question or Opinion Related Stuff is Considered Chat

Sometimes people think there not breaking any Rules and they are 

First, political questions are reported from both sides of the coin. Remember there are always reasons why they get deleted from this site.

Second, your question was unanswerable because it had ranting overtones. You asked it to vent your frustration, something that's not permitted under the Community Guidelines.

• .

The question you use as an example is asking people to guess. So MY guess is, it's being reported as chat since it isn't a question seeking factual information or to benefit from the experience of other users. Whether or not you could get it reinstated on appeal, is something that can't be known unless you try. 

.

You can appeal by clicking the Help link at the bottom of any question page, selecting Contact Us on the help page, and then Contact a Yahoo Specialist>Appeals and select the type of content you are appealing.

In the case of your example, it was probably reported as an unanswerable question. If you added your opinion also, many will call it a rant. All of the political questions have gotten out of hand, so all sides are reporting more than usual.

• Scott

This site is community moderated and so the decision to flag a question is completely up to the members here.