Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you eat frozen dinners when you are too busy or feel like having a lazy day ?

Like frozen pancakes or frozen Lasagna or meat loaf or something or those chicken fajitas in a bag 

Sort of.  I've never been happy with frozen ready-made meals with the exception of pizza so I deliberately cook things that freeze well in portion sizes for those nights when nobody wants to cook.  There's usually a selection of curries, a chilli, meatballs, and pasties/turnovers of various sorts and bags of vegetables to just bung some in the steamer.

• SW-6

We call those nights "scrounge" nights.  I don't buy the frozen full dinners, but the Stouffers stuffed peppers, lasagna, canned chilli, soups, etc. if you want to quick make something hot, or always have bread, lunch meat, cheese, chips,  peanut butter, jam, etc. if you want to make yourself a sandwich.  :)

Yes I do but I need to eat a sandwich instead. It's probably healthier somehow.

• denise

Maybe a frozen lasagne or meat pie, if I'm having a 'lazy' day.

I mostly eat frozen meals as I am by myself now and really hate to cook, Yeah I know they aren't good for you, don't come for me!!!

• No; the taste and consistency is terrible.  Preparing something from scratch isn't that difficult.

• CB

Never - make a sandwich or salad simple enough

• kswck2

The only way i will eat frozen foods if is I make them myself. Each fall, I make turkey soup from the carcass, package and freeze. Also this is the only time I make a veal stew, about 5 quarts-delicious when it is snowing. Home Made lasagna is also good. 

I really try to avoid them as best I can, but the occasional frozen pizza makes its way into my cart every now and again. We're doing home reno at the moment and sometimes, we're just too damn tired to cook.

No.  Frozen Dinners are worse than dogsh*t.  I would get take out before ever resorting to a frozen meal.