Steven asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

How good was Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds?

I was born in the 90s...didn't start watching the NFL until 2005, so I have no idea about some older players...this is one. Can anyone give me any info about Hacksaw? Like how good was he actually? Like from a fans perspective.  I know he played in 3 super bowls but let's be honest, stats are hard to come by for players from the 70s. 

He was great.  He was recently asked if he would kneel to disrespect the National Anthem and he said no.  That's the kind of classy person he is.

He was a great linebacker who played in the NFL for 15 years but just below Hall of Fame level.

• Newton

He was very dominant. against the run. Back in the old days of the 4-3 defense, He would line up between two defensive tackles and he would take on the center of the other team and he would also try to stop the run up the middle. The outside linebacks are responsible for outside rushes. He was one of the best middle linebackers of his era. Back in those days teams use 2 running backs, a big inside runner and a speedy outside running back. Even when the Rams gave up on him, Frisco signed him as free agent. The Rams had a very good defense with Reynolds and Jack Youngblood.