Can a person see if i've read their text messages?

I was wondering because i've been think my friend knows i've been reading them and not responding but she has a windows phone or a different type of android  I have a samsung don't know if it makes a difference . Anyone know?

The OTHER person would have to turn on sending read receipts That would send you such a notification. They have to do it in their settings,

I believe it would depend on ur phone type and her phone type as well as what message app you are using. If you are using Facebook messenger then yes she would see but if you were using the texting program that came with the phone it would depend on what models the both of you have.

I have an s10 as well as my father. I can tell when. He has read my message and he can see if I read his. However my mom has an iphone and im not able to tell if she read my message and vise versa.

To sum it up, it would depend on the type of phone and the program you use. If u want to know just text her something in person (like a video) and tell her to look at it with you. If it says read next to any of ur texts then you have your answer.