I sort of want a friend to talk to, but nobody seems interested anymore. How do people make friends online that will sort of stick around?

I am married with 2 kids, work a job I don't really like but it pays the bills.

Me and my wife talk alot but sometimes i just sort of wish I had someone to talk to about stuff, share interests ask if I'm okay.

Me and my wife decided to move to a rural area to start a new life where there's a beach, nice neighbours and a healthy environment.

Sure, it's harder to get to work and school but I don't mind it's alot cheaper.

But nobody really likes me at work, all my friends at school have got their own lives and aren't interested so I just wondered if it's easy making friends online?

I tried Omegle, but nobody sticks around. I tried chat sites, but it's the same. Everyone seems to have an obsession with sex which I am not interested in because my wife already has me fully satisfied in that area.

Life is sort of boring, I tried the gym, watching movies, playing games I just sort of wish there was someone I could interact with and keep me preoccupied. Any suggestions? My wife trusts me fully we have been married 12 years and I am 32 years old and I don't know life just has got really boring I don't know what to do. 

try joining communities. maybe try taking cooking classes, sport classes, tennis club, clubs, book clubs, or even just going to the bar. if all else fails, just ask your neighbor if he/she would join you for drinks or if they got kids schedule a playdate and ya'll can get to know each other better.

• A

I live in a rural area, look into what the town has to offer.  Get involved in selectmen or volunteer positions.  Do they have a library?  Volunteeer fire department,  town picnics or pot lucks?  I would guess your wife might like to get a social life as well.