what windows 10 pc laptop should i buy that will last a while?

what windows 10 pc laptop can i buy that will last me a while like 5 years or so?

The lifespan of a laptop depends mostly on how you handle / treat it. If you treat it like crap, even a Panasonic Toughbook is going to break eventually. If you take good care of it, even some off-brand $120 two-in-one tablet might last that long (assuming Windows 10 still fits on it).

• David

The average computer system is replaced every two years.  Buy a computer that fills your needs now, don't worry about what you will need 5 years from now.  Oh, and asking yahoo answers to recommend a computer for you is silly.  It's like asking a perfect stranger "What car should I buy?"  I don't know you, I don't know your family, I don't know what you would use a "car" for, so I can't even begin to guess what car might be right for you.  In the same sense, there are soooo many laptops out there from cheap chrome devices to high-end gaming machines rocking $1000 CPUs, and millions of them that fall somewhere between.  Which one is best for you?  HECK, I have a hard time choosing one for MYSELF, due to the great variety available...and I KNOW what my needs are!!!

• A

I have a Dell touchscreen that I bought 8 years ago and still works perfectly.  Also a Lenovo thinkpad that is 3  1/2 years old never any issues.

• Bill-M

I have had good luck with my DELL Laptop.   I have had it four years now without any problems.   I did replace the Hard Drive with a Solid State Hard Drive (SSD).  But you can now get them with SSDs.  The SSD makes it a lot faster.