Has anyone had a retained placenta after giving birth?

Its been 9 weeks now and i found out i need surgery to remove the retained placenta. My doctor hasnt really given me info. Whats the recovery time frame u had? and how long was the surgery?

It depends on what they have to do to retrieve it.  You'll need to ask your doctor about your specific needs.   Honestly, I've never seen one that wasn't caught until two months after delivery, so I have no time frame on recovery for that.  It's always been caught either before they're discharged or within a week or two.  If your symptoms weren't bad enough for it to be diagnosed until now, I'd assume it's a very small piece that can be scraped out with very little recovery time needed.  But again, we have no idea your specific situation.

• Koi

I retained my placenter and I hung it on my rear view mirror. 

I did after a miscarriage - it was an outpatient procedure with little recovery that I recall.