Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

how good is assisted living apartments be cheaper than a regular apartment married man and woman.....?

I know a couple who seems to be struggling with money and they announce their moving into assisted living how is that cheaper

Update:

voice to text grammar sorry

Update 2:

so maybe they're using Medicaid

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

disastrous events cannot be prevented.

A software answer with an automatic priority-based preparation functionality 

• 1 month ago

It's probably not cheaper--but they will have had to give up almost all their assets to move into that sort of housing if they are using Medicare or Medicaid. If they don't give those things up for subsidized assisted living, then they will pay a LOT for that assistance. 

• 1 month ago

Its not cheaper, its safer for them while they can have care if needed

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

medicaid does not pay for assisted living.    And, it is not cheaper.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I am always curious about that too. I think it’s possible for disabled people to get some kind of live in aide through medicaid and same thing with going in nursing homes. So if one is disabled that might be how they’re affording it. I am not sure how it works for people who are just elderly but not disabled.

• 1 month ago

Generally assisted living is not a cheap option than a regular apparently so maybe they are getting help with it

• LILL
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assisted living is once step above a nursing home and is very expensive.  Your friends likely applied for rental assistance....which is a form of welfare.

• 1 month ago

It isn't cheaper. 

• 1 month ago

Assisted living can mean many things. They may be ending up in a one room with bath and nothing more. It could also be like a studio apartment. One room with sleeping, dining and cooking facilities all in that one room. 

• Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I dont know where your from, but here in canada, anyone who gets a government handout is actually getting a better life than the hard working people

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.