Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Family tension. Need help!?

I am 39 year old lady married and have kids. I am from India and live in Australia. Problen is both my family and my husband are mentally torturing me. It started in 2012 when I visited my parents and asked them to return my $30,000 which I landed them. They started hitting me and called police but didn't returned it. Also they support my husband more than me bcz he have more money. After getting out of their house, I came back to Australia. But my husband showed his true colours and he and his family insulted me openly. For past 8 yrs I have lived quietly doing everything for my husband and not talking to my family. Now my family started to call me again and ask for help to come to Australia. But again, they are just using me and will not respect me but my husband more. My husband is holding intimacy and not talking to me as if he is my husband but formal talking only. I feel demoralised and emotionally empty as none is there to call my own except kids. Both of them are torturing me mentally. What should I do? Please no suggestion to leave and live alone. I can't handle that. What should I do?

• Moya

Divorce  your husband  leave this  messy situation. 

Start again .

If your parents support  your husband more than you.  They  are arrogant money hungry  people . I would  never talk  to  them ever again 

What should you do? Become stronger in your heart so people won't be able to push you around. Be able to challenge the bad behaviours of others around you. Place value on yourself even if others don't. 

Then, even if the behaviours continue you will know its because THEY are wrong and not because of anything you may have done to earn it. 

If it is impossible for you to leave, impossible for you to live alone, then I guess you will continue to be tortured until you die.

You obviously should leave your husband, even you know it.

Unfortunately you already know the answer but it is the one thing you refuse to do. The only other thing to do is try counseling and try to shift your perspective and try to  heal the relationship with your spouse. Otherwise, you are willing to do nothing to help yourself and it is YOU that forces you into this position because you are not willing to get a job so that you have a choice. Go to a women's shelter. Find out what resources might be available for you to take your children and leave and get a job.

• d j

What you allow is what will continue.

• Robert

Nothing.  You've already dismissed the obvious fix to your problem  If you choose not to leave, live with the life you have chosen to be enslaved in.  If everyone including your husband is acting against your welfare, then you need to remove yourself from it or live with it in as much harmony as you can.  So leave or obey your husband and family

What an interesting first story to post from a newly created YA account.

Why not have your family doctor refer you to a mental health professional and show them what you have written here when they ask what brings you in today.  That should give them some background on your current situation.  Use that as the basis for having a frank discussion of how things are going.  After they finish their initial evaluation they should be able to work with you to see what options are available for assistance.