Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Have alot of people left yahoo answers or its only me who is not getting as many answers as I used to get before commnt were gone?

I hardly get 6-7 answers ( including trolls) 

Most of my questions are POLLS

• .

Yeah, over the years many people have left, and a few more claimed they were leaving when the comment feature was deactivated a couple of weeks ago (I assume at least some of those people did leave...if only for a while). 

.

Outside of polls or surveys, a high # of answers is not needed. If you post legit, information seeking polls and/or surveys, then having low # of responses may be less useful to you. Try to post your polls during the day or early evening, US time, M - F to take advantage of the time/days when the site is most active. 

• Daniel

Every time Yahoo makes changes more people Leave so would not Surprise me if a lot of people did leave 

• LAN

Maybe you would do better if you could ever learn the difference between chat violations and actual answer seeking questions.

For a fact seeking question, one or two answers is all you need. Multiple answers are only for fun and poll questions. Without comments, users seem to be less interested in having discussions and trolling the site. The site is much cleaner these days.

Clearly  many people have taken the loss of comments, as the  final nail in the coffin for this site.  It's also summer, and more people are outside, or at the beach.   Summers generally tend to slow down. 

• Zirp

learn the difference between alot and a lot

Nobody knows how many people are using Y!A, but if you post a legit question you only need one answer: the correct one