Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Can I do anything legally about my ex best friend spreading malicious rumours about my husband to other people? Because I keep hearing them.?

2 weeks ago, my best friend decided it would be a good idea to try to sleep with my husband. Me and my Husband had a massive argument, but he proved his innocence through texts and I can see for a fact that she started it all. I found out after she randomly told me my husband was trying it on with her, of which she deleted all her texts but my husband kept all his and my husband didn't do anything wrong.

It was merely chat, but her texts were disgusting asking him would he sleep with her and that she would never tell. He ignored the texts and even told her to stop it because he doesn't want to ruin their relationship.

Anyway, I got rid of her and told her I don't want anything to do with her again.

But now, she's telling her fake stories to my mutual friends and I get pestered saying my husband is bad and that he was in the wrong.

She is childish, she even texts me every few days even though I told her not to. I am thinking of going to the police for harassment for the 20 texts I received over the past 2 weeks alone. But I don't think I can do anything about her malicious behaviour. She wants me to break up with my husband really bad. What do I do?

How do I stop her ruining my life? 

8 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    "How do I stop her ruining my life?" Simple you stand firmly by your husband's side. You refuse to allow her behaviour to come between the two of you, or to allow it to affect you.

    You block all communication with her.

    You tell those mutual friends the truth - she tried it on with him but he rejected her, so she's running around telling lies to get back at him, and to try to ruin your marriage.

    Yes get that Order if you still feel you need it.

  • Tj
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You gather every piece of communication with her and you/husband and get a lawyer and sue her and get a court order to have no contact with you or husband. Do it or she will keep at it.

  • i + i
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If you have absolute proof, then hire a lawyer and sue for libel/defamation of character. 

  • 2 months ago

    You've got two options: one is to contact an attorney . There is a popular saying that anyone can sue anybody for anything. Legally, you may be able to do something about this situation.  

    The other option is to not feed the cat.  That is, ignore her completely, cut her out of your lives completely, and sooner or later, she'll go away. She is not "ruining" your life. Block her on all levels of communication, do not answer her, and she'll tire, eventually, if you both do this.

    Good luck,

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    Since you've removed her from your life, this is likely merely a bump in the road and she's trying to matter when she's actually stopped mattering anymore. You decide that she's not ruining your life. Because she's not. She didn't ruin your marriage, you haven't lost your house, your career, your family hasn't turned against you or disowned you, neither you or your husband are accused of a crime and headed to jail. She's not ruined your life. She's shown her colors. That'll end up being on her. Just continue with the removal of her power IN your life and she'll weary of being mean. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Before you go to the police, you must text her back and tell her to cease and desist all communication. Then block her number. If she attempts to contact you again after you send her the text/post/email, then you have a case you can go to the police with. The best route would be to block her on every platform, have your husband block her and then just nicely reply to other meddlers that you have proof that this woman made a play for your spouse, not the other way around and that she's clearly mentally ill and you want nothing to do with it. It will die down. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    The cops can't help her.  If you're still getting texts from her, obviously you haven't blocked her, and that's your job, not theirs!  In fact, I'm kind of puzzled why you haven't.

    On the rest, this might sound strange, but are these mutual friends close to you?  I have several very close friends, and I can guarantee they'd know better than to believe someone spreading nasty rumors about my husband and me.  It sounds like they're taking her side, and that means these people aren't very good friends, either.

    I'm not sure what to suggest, because it sounds like there are other problems here.  You say your husband "proved his innocence", but why did he have to do that?  It sounds like you may not trust him completely, which is a very big  problem.  All I can tell you is ride it out, don't get caught up in the drama, and get pissed at any "friends" who are trashing your husband or taking her side.  To do this, though, you'd have to be fully convinced he didn't lead her on in some way. 

  • 2 months ago

    the police are not going to do anything about her spreading rumors. block her number so she can't contact you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.