Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why do people keep posting answers as anonymous? So they don't get blocked for any inappropriate answers they post?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim3
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

The only time I have posted anonymously is when I had an embarrassing question, and once when I thought I had made a lot of enemies on a certain section, and wanted to see if I would get less thumbs down. And yes. A number of times someone who has me blocked has answered my questions anonymously.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because they want to. Reasons vary from being targeted because some other user(s) dislike them, to being able to hide while they post a violation, to making it difficult to block them, to simply finding the feature amusing.  

Anon exists and anyone may use it any time they choose, so their reasons don't really matter. Any post that is a violation should be reported, whether posted by an Anon or not. 

• 1 month ago

so they do not get harassed  by other y/a  users.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No it's so that they CAN use yahoo answers. I get blocked for having a Russian name by liberals. It's very biased here. I also dont like people seeing me on here or they curse me. McWeasel pretends to be some nice user, but he's used many sock accounts to troll nastily and suspend conservatives. He has me blocked too. 

I'm convinced he has a split personality or is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Very two-faced. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They dont want other people knowing it was them that Posted It 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Being anonymous helps when you've been stalked on here.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only attention-seekers use names & avatars. Get rid of those, and most of the idiots will leave.

• 1 month ago

I only wish I knew.  There are so many of them now.  It's the same with those who ASK the questions - loads of those users are Anonymous too.  Maybe they are ashamed of their Christianity.

• 1 month ago

Some people are targeted just on their names and it doesn't matter whether what they say is appropriate or inappropriate.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Also so they don't get blocked for APPROPRIATE answers they post.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.