Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

What is a good response to my father when he tries to use me as a pawn against my uncle’s family in their divorce?

He’s on his brother-in-law side, my mom‘s brother, and wants me to join him and unite against that brothers two daughters and ex-wife.  

• J

Avoid getting involved at all costs. Next time he brings it up, just say “this is not my fight, keep me out of it.” You can also remind him that you’re all family and you’d rather not take sides against any member of your family. It’s a good all around policy to stay out of other couples relationship drama, especially when you love the people on both sides. Their marriage problems will eventually calm down and you don’t want awkwardness in your family because you said something you can’t take back. Your father is wrong for even asking you to get involved. He should butt out too. 

• RP

Be polite and respectful, but explain you don't want to be involved in a family dispute that is none of your business.

he cheat me :'[

tell him u are not interested in this nonsense.

Your response should be, "This isn't any of my business and I'm not getting involved."