Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Anyone think it’s unacceptable that my husband was on the phone with his “cousin” for 3 hours?!? ?

We were supposed to watch a movie and unwind together at 10 last night. I was in the bed and already had the movie pulled up. But when I called  to come into our room he said he was on the phone he was still in his office claiming he was on the phone with his cousin. He spent the next 3 hours on the phone with her he didn’t get off until 1 am. I think this is unacceptable behavior  and I really question if it was even his cousin. I was irritated he was on the phone so long with her when we were supposed to be spending time together and so I told him don’t even worry about the movie, it was too late and I was extremely exhausted to stay up even longer. I said why was he on the phone so long and he knew I was waiting on him he said “ she was telling me about a situation with our other cousin.” They literally just talked the other day so I’m not sure what’s going on with all these phone conversations. I told him “ must have been a great conversation to have you holed up for 3 hours.” And he was like “ yep she’s my favorite cousin.” Does anyone think he’s having an affair or something. He also got really snappy at me when I told him I was ready for him to come to bed so we can watch a movie together 

• RP

If it is a regular thing, I'd think it unacceptable, but, if it's never happened before or happens very seldom, I'm not sure I'd make a big thing out of it.

• Tj

Are you sure its his real cousin?  I do not know anyone who spends that kind of time with a cousin, especially one of the opposite sex. I think he has a gf. Maybe you can get to see the phone number he was chatting with and then find out. I think something stinks here .  Start getting ready for a divorce, get things in your name ans hide money too. Then rake him over the coals if you divorce. Id even have him followed, make surprise visits to where he works lunch time, but do not let him see you, watch the door of the job, see what he does at lunch, if something does not sound right, unusual, something is up. He needs to be watched. He thinks you are stupid. Id never trust him.

It is not acceptable that he does this, especially if you have shared your feelings about it with him.  Yes, he could be having at least an "emotional affair", if not a physical one.  You need to tell him how this hurts or bothers you, ask for what you want to change. His response will tell you a great deal. Expect him to deny, to blame you for being overly sensitive, to be defensive. If this happens, you have a real problem on your hands. Good luck,

"Acceptable?"  By whose rules?

I trust my husband.  This would not disturb or upset me.  If YOU know him and YOU married him, maybe he's having an affair.

Here's a really good idea.  Call his cousin and demand the truth.

Did you ask him about the situation with the cousins?  His response would probably give you some answers, especially if you push him a little. Arrange another movie/bed night and ask him then. Nicely - not in a confrontative way.

Good Luck!