I need to measure 3/8 cup of flour.  I don't have a 1/8 measuring cup.  How do I measure?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

3/8 cup is equal to just under 1/2 cup, just add below the 1/2 cup mark.

• 1 month ago

One quarter cup is 2/8--so to get that next 8th of a cup, just fill your 1/4 cup measure up one, then one-half times. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Is this for Baking or Cooking? If cooking, you can just eyeball it as 1/4 and one half a 1/4 cup. If for baking, you really cannot assume teaspoons or tablespoons because that is measuring for quantity rather than volume. For example, one cup of Sifted flour and one cup of flour right out of the bag is two different things. The sifted has more volume due to air being introduced during the sifting process. 

Personally I would just eyeball it for both purposes, and tomorrow go out and buy a 1/8 cup. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No idea. That's the problem with following a recipe like that - it's just too vague and very difficult to get right. 

I’d say use a different recipe, one that asked you to measure dry goods like flour by weight.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's 6 tablespoons. 

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

3/8 is halfway between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup. Either work with an estimate between two measures, or use 1/4 cup, then fill it halfway after that.

Precision is not critical in this. There's a bigger variation in packing factors.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just get a measuring cup

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

an eight would be half of your 1/4 cup 

or about a quarter cup + 2 Tablespoons 

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Measure a quarter cup then add 2 tablespoons

• 1 month ago

What DO you have?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.