I need to measure 3/8 cup of flour.  I don't have a 1/8 measuring cup.  How do I measure?

• denise

3/8 cup is equal to just under 1/2 cup, just add below the 1/2 cup mark.

One quarter cup is 2/8--so to get that next 8th of a cup, just fill your 1/4 cup measure up one, then one-half times. 

• kswck2

Is this for Baking or Cooking? If cooking, you can just eyeball it as 1/4 and one half a 1/4 cup. If for baking, you really cannot assume teaspoons or tablespoons because that is measuring for quantity rather than volume. For example, one cup of Sifted flour and one cup of flour right out of the bag is two different things. The sifted has more volume due to air being introduced during the sifting process. 

Personally I would just eyeball it for both purposes, and tomorrow go out and buy a 1/8 cup. 

No idea. That's the problem with following a recipe like that - it's just too vague and very difficult to get right. 

I’d say use a different recipe, one that asked you to measure dry goods like flour by weight.

That's 6 tablespoons. 

• A.J.

3/8 is halfway between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup. Either work with an estimate between two measures, or use 1/4 cup, then fill it halfway after that.

Precision is not critical in this. There's a bigger variation in packing factors.

just get a measuring cup

• hamel5

an eight would be half of your 1/4 cup 

or about a quarter cup + 2 Tablespoons 

• A

Measure a quarter cup then add 2 tablespoons

What DO you have?