Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Why would a man rush into marriage? ?

I’m in an age gap relationship, about a 20 year gap. Known the man for a while now, even lived with him as a room mate for a year and felt a strong connection to him and had strong sexual fantasies but now I’m in another state and he wants me to move back and be with him and he’s mentioned marriage too. Why would he wanna get married so fast? 

• MissA

He's realized he's got a much younger idiot on the hook and is trying to reel you in.  He may not have another opportunity to do so.

• Tj

Id move for no one, too mush in the air here. If he wanted you, he would travel to you often and make his plea.

If you were together for a year, this is not a rush job. But beware the age gap. While it may seem inconsequential now, I guarantee that it will loom larger as time passes. You didn't say how old each of you are...but there are many reasons to consider moving on.

Sounds like he misses you. Likely doesn't see how he can entice you back with the invitation to be his roommate again!

Known "awhile", shared a home compatibly for a year, still in communication..... if it's too soon for YOU then listen to your instincts. For him, that might not appear too soon. But that 20 year age gap will actually GROW over time, not lessen. Be good to yourself. 

"Mentioning marriage" does not indicate that someone is thinking of marriage.  "I'm never getting married" is, in fact, mentioning marriage.

I'd ask him.  Supposedly he knows.

• Linda

He might not think of it as getting married so fast since you have lived with him for awhile before and you have also known him for a length of time. Rushing into marriage would be someone who had been involved less than six months which doesn't sound like your situation. If you don't want to marry him, speak up and let him know.