Anonymous

Why does the stereotype that black and brown women have a ton of kids in the US still persist?

White women have 1.6 kids on average while Hispanic women have 1.9 and black women have 1.7 children. It's pretty much the same for all races. 

• I agree that it's the same for all races and it's actually white women that rely being on welfare the most for their kids.

When I was a child I had a Hispanic friend who had 3 brothers. My former downstairs neighbor was a nice Hispanic lady with 5 kids, the Hispanic family next door has 4 kids, there's a black lady the next building over who has 3 kids, a black family in the far building with 5 kids, a former neighboring black family had 2 kids, former neighboring white family had 1 kid, white family from a few moves ago had 2, another white family had 1, and another white family had 3. 

Obviously this isn't indicative of every Hispanic/black/white family ever, just what I've experienced.

The Mexican woman who lives down the hall from me has 5 kids with 2 different men.

It's essentially a meme from the 80s, made up by Reagan. The "welfare Queen."

i think its the same for all races too