Is it true for women especially who have never had children who are also postmenopausal to become irritated easily ??

My co worker and I were watching 6 underground with Ryan Reynolds.  The first 20 minutes of the movie we were enjoying it.  Next hour all my coworker did is moan, complain about it being horrible and a bad plot.  I offered several times for her to either fast forward it so we can see the conclusion or put something else.  I offered without touching her phone that I would show her what to do if need be and she went off on me say don't touch my freaking phone or I will hit you and knock you through the wall.  She text me the next day and explained to me she is postmenopausal and had no children which apparently makes it worse.  she told me she has a psychologist friend and she told her friend what she did to me and now she's in counseling and getting some technique services not happen again.  I told her I would it slide this time. if I was to happen again I'm either going to request a site transfer or we can work individually.   

She is 62 and I am 46 .  Yes we apparently have different taste.  I told her watch what you want on your phone and I will do the same on mine.

hey girl! I don't think this is factual. My brother is a menopausal human and he hasn't had any children either. Tell her to try apple cider vinegar before bed, it can sometimes help.

- mikmompickle

• Lester

No thats not true

A premenopausal woman with kids could have had the same reaction.  Each person is different.

I have a friend that is post-menopausal with no kids and she is the most easy-going and compassionate person. 

Blaming her actions on being postmenopausal and having no kids is denying responsibility for her actions.

Your co-worker's excuse doesn't wash--but ANYONE can be irritating and nasty. You can either ignore it, or find another person to deal with. Being post-menopausal and not having children is no reason to be rude and mean.

Palpable nonsense.  

• Shark

you are not kidding - do anything she says

• martin

Some women who are childless and postmenopausal are irritable, but not all.  Those factors do not necessarily make a person irritable.

• Sandy

your solution is perfect. 

• Lili

No.  Having children or not has nothing to do with it, and women who are POST-menopausal normally aren't even dealing with the issues that affect some women (not all) who are in the process of reaching menopause.

Evidently, you and your co-worker have different tastes, and she has a hair-trigger temper.  Blaming it on being "postmenopausal" is ridiculous.

Menopause isn't some strange and mysterious event. It's quite ordinary, and it doesn't cause problems for most women. Not having children doesn't make it "worse".  Perhaps what your co-worker meant to say is that she's not used to younger people and their tastes in film or TV.