Is it true that there are no snakes in Ireland?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, sure is. Its one of the few places in the world without snakes.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It is now multicultural

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's true, no snakes occur in Ireland naturally. There are snakes imported as pets, however. 

• 3 months ago

Yes, it is true. By legend, St Patrick is reputed to have driven them all into the Irish Sea. More likely, whilst 3 species are found in GB, one of them venomous, they reached GB before the sea level rose, cutting off GB from mainland Europe, they did not get over far enough to spread to Ireland before rising seas separated the two islands [GB and Ireland].

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Yes it is true.

Legend has it that St Patrick expelled them all - but that is accepted as just old folklore.

• 3 months ago

Unless Air Force One is visiting

• 3 months ago

i believe its true ..the paddyman is really frightened of them ...many years back i was working with a gang of connemara men ..mountain men ..we were electrifying the railway track ..i found a grass snake ...put it inside my shirt when we went for morning break ..the hut was out in wilds alongside track ..they were having their break when i whipped out the snake ..look at this lads i said ...a bomb would not have cleared that hut quicker ....this was in uk by the way ..southampton to basingstoke line 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.