Tick Tock asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

how come many Americans are overweight and they dont seem to care?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Because they're missing common sense

• 3 months ago

Two reasons:  first, Americans do not like to be told what to do. About anything. They resist almost all attempts to make themselves healthier or better by eating properly. Second, they have a large variety of cheap, fatty, salty and sugary foods to eat--far more than in many areas of the world. It's literally cheaper to buy fast food than it is to shop and cook healthy food. 

I don't believe they don't care--but I do believe they will take the easier way out when offered a choice between any sort of food discipline and convenience. And marketing plays a HUGE role in this, as well. You never see people in commercials for fast-food or convenience restaurants who are sloppy, overweight or unhealthy. You only see people who are thin, happy and pleased. To add to this problem, restaurant portions are WAY beyond what are necessary or healthy. 

Getting people to care about what they eat is the hardest part of this equation. You can police food-service companies, or food manufacturers--you cannot police peoples' minds. Ask Michelle Obama--who tried without success to change the way schools offered children's lunch options. 

• 3 months ago

Too much FAT food....

• Lee
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Hamburger, Fries, Coca Cola and friends are hard to resist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

mexico has higher obesity rates than america

• garry
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

how many , would say 60% , as a rough number , they payed for it , so why should a skinny person tell you what to do , like the democrats tell trump what to do .

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

i reckon people just eat and do whatever they want and its not till they get very sick eg with a heart attack that they then do something about it

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

why am I sitting answering these questions out of boredom when I could be living a american life of cowboy riding horses herding cows and sheep and you dont seem to care?

tit for tat dildo breath.

• Helen
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I imagine most people who are overweight aren't happy about it. Americans have such ready access to some of the most delicious and unhealthy foods in existence (and in excess). It is easy to understand how it happens when that's the culture.

• USA are No.1. Viruses, being fat, etc. USA, USA, USA...... huh, ho.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.