Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentInternational Organizations · 2 months ago

Do you support Taiwan and South Korea obtaining nuclear weapons for survival against their Chinese and North Korean enemies? Why or why not?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

no its pointless.

its like handing over a powerful magical samurai sword to your house cleaner lol

i'd rather have it myself.

taiwan and south korea do not need nukes.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

China would not allow Taiwan to have nuclear weapons, the same way the USA wouldn't allow Cuba.

• Aaron
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

as long as there is every sign to indicate that Taiwan is working on nuclear weapons ,then china will resort to violence to address taiwan's problems ,China will never allow Taiwan to have nuclear weapons ,this is one of china's red line ,So You think too much ,To be honest ,based on Taiwan relation act ,US seems to have the right to defend Taiwan ,but what I am trying to say is if US defend Taiwan in times of future conflict ,then US may pay dearly for what it will do ,once the war evolve into nuclear war ,Both US and China may pay dearly for what's called war ,during that time ,American people may regret it very much and demonstration in other cities will follow ,A myriad of corpes will lay on the streets in both china and US ,there is a lot of cry all over the place ,Do you want that ? ,don't telll me that US can beat china easily ,Do you think that it is possible ?,   china is moderninzing its troops at an alarming rate ,and is almost on a par with US in terms of military force , Once all-out war erupt,  even if japan join the war at that time ,it doesn't make much difference to war situation ,  what's more ,many china 's advanced weapons has appeared ,you can see that on TV ,Taiwan is china's core interests and china will never allow taiwan to become a country ,

• RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Who says they  don't have them?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Are you quite sure that they are enemies? Is it not your belief, that they are your enemies and you are trying to project your mindset on to "Taiwan and South Korea"

• 2 months ago

South Korea doesn't need nukes.  They have plenty of friends with nukes already, and the North Koreans know it.

Taiwan is a whole other story, because their official name is Republic Of China.  It's complicated and ongoing, but they're not worried about being nuked.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, i hate bombs

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Taiwan, not at all because Taiwan is officially part of China, and while it vies for independence, diplomacy is still at work and China doesn't pose a nuclear threat to Taiwan, meaning China would never drop nuclear bombs on Taiwan. Nuclear weapons are purely for nuclear deterrence.

As for South Korea, no, I wouldn't support that, either. However, should North Korea get a nuclear bomb that it could lob at South Korea, which it doesn't have yet as it has failed to marry nuclear bomb technology to rocket technology and is still at least 5 years away from that, I would support the United States arming the base it has in South Korea already to defend South Korea from North Korea with nuclear weapons. The nuclear weapons would not be South Korea's. South Korea will not have obtained nuclear weapons. Rather, they would be the United States' nuclear weapons on a United States' military base in South Korea-- a situation not unlike when the United States installed nuclear missiles at its base in Turkey, Turkey itself not obtaining nuclear weapons but nonetheless being protected by the United States having them there to not just protect Turkey but the entire region from Russian aggression.

• 2 months ago

Nuclear nonproliferation is an important concept and the answer is no, but if they are attacked the rest of the nations with nukes must retaliate in response.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.