Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 2 months ago

Is Jerusalem in Israel?

there's probably more in the world too. 

No, it belongs to Palestine.

• BMCR

Yes, it is.

I should note that when Phil said "Jerusalem is a divided city." He contradicted that statement when he said: "West Jerusalem is considered part of Israel but East Jerusalem, the proposed capital of the State of Palestine is occupied by Israel since 1967, and was later annexed by Israel."

i.e. Both the west and east part of the city are part of Israel and the idea of the east part being a capital of Palestine is a FUTURE proposal (meaning, not currently the case).

The only time Jerusalem was divided was between 1948 and 1967 when the east part was controlled by Jordan.

? wrote: "Tl;dr: If you are political, the answer is complicated and based on your stances; however, if you only care for a practical answer and just go there, the answer will be Israel."

Which actually highlights the problem when one gets political. Because, the reality is that Jerusalem IS in Israel and its capital. (What ? terms as "practical"). Now, I'm pro Israel and thus obviously view it from that point of view, but the fact is that I have REALITY on my side. For the anti Israel side (notice I don't call them "pro Palestinian"), you see them DENYING that reality. i.e. their politics dictate to them what they WISH things to be to the point where they can't even say something like "it should be given to Palestine" but instead insist its simply "Its part of Palestine and not Israel".

• ?

There is a thing called an Atlas, or maps. Even available online. It has been there forever.

No it’s in France

Source(s): You dumb shit
  • John F

I've been there twice. Both times it was in Israel. It has been the capital city of Israel for 4000 years.

Yes, it is. Muslims want it to be in Palestine.  Look, if I knew Palestine would be ran by Arab Christians I'd support Palestine but I'm sick of those Muslims killing us and destroying our beautiful and historic churches.  

• 7mood

Yes as per the UN, No as per islamic countries 

• Phil

Jesusalem is a divided city.

West Jerusalem is considered part of Israel but East Jerusalem, the proposed capital of the State of Palestine is occupied by Israel since 1967, and was later annexed by Israel.

extract.

" During the Six-Day War in June 1967, Israel captured the eastern side of the city and the whole West Bank. Over the following years, their control remained tenuous, the international community refusing to recognise their authority and the Israelis themselves not feeling secure.

In 1980, the Israeli government annexed East Jerusalem and reunified the city but the international community disputed this. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Jerusalem

yes, its in israel