Jared asked in HealthDental · 3 months ago

Can canker sores form anywhere on the inside of your mouth?

Recently, I noticed this bump on my gum right above my one tooth. I then took a look at it and saw that it was a little bump with a white spot on it. I looked up what it could be and saw that it was a canker sore. However, every picture I saw and it on the inside of the lip rather on a person's gum. But I wanted to find out more and couldn't find anything anywhere. I just wanted to find out more to see if I would need to visit a medical expert to get it checked out in case it is something else.

Canker sores are common and can occur on the soft tissue of your mouth and gums.  They usually go away within a week or two on their own.  You can buy Orajel, a numbing liquid, to numb them.  If they are very large and painful or don't heal you should see a dentist.

• edward

Just leave it alone and it’ll go away

• Tavy

Yes they can form on the lip. Inside the cheek and at the back of the throat.

Very common in young teenagers.

Source(s): I worked in a U.K. Dentist.