Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 months ago

Can you use a carry on luggage as a checked luggage ?

I have a luggage that’s considered a carry on that I’m going to pack all my clothes in. I was going to bring 2 other smaller bags as my carryon luggage that has stuff I need for the plane and stuff. So could I use this carry on luggage as checked luggage? It’s basically like a checked luggage but smaller. 

Of course you can. They always want you to use smaller bags, not bigger ones.

yes you can use it as a checked luggage

You can place it as checked baggage. You need to go to the ticket counter to declare it as such. 

Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.

Yes, you can do that. The only difference between carry-on and checked luggage is that the maximum size for carry-on is smaller than for checked. They don't give a minimum size for checked luggage, though sending something the size of a purse as checked luggage might not be a great idea.

There's no minimum size for checked luggage.  You may find it's cheaper to send it by carrier.

Oh yea, you gotta pay tho