Derek asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Dog tag engraving?

Can I use military dog tags on one of those dog tag engraving machines at PetSmart or PetCo or whatever or does it have to be bone shaped?

as long as its engraved, use any tag you want

My pet smart manager does not let any military veterans in except Vietcong and North Vietnamese Army veterans

I don't know.  I would ask PetSmart.  Do you have a blank military dog tag?

Usually you have to use the tags they provide, but those aren't limited to bone shapes! When I went to get my dog's tag engraved at PetSmart, I wanted an engraving on the back of the tag she came from the shelter with, but was told I couldn't use it because it was the wrong size. When you go there, simply ask if you can use it in the engraving machine, I'm pretty sure any available staff will know the answer or at least who to ask.

If the slot is exactly the right size to hold the dog tag in place then yes.  

It has to be whatever THEY have available for imprinting.