Caro asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 2 months ago

How do I ask my mom a question?

I really want to go on a trip to Tokyo, Japan, but I am afraid if I ask my mom, she will say no. What do I do?

• Matt

to quote ice hockey great, wayne gretzky, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Even if you don't hurry so much, Japan will not disappear.

Find out why she is saying no, and then correct any misunderstandings, or grow up and save your money.

• Quinn

Unless you are a Japanese citizen, you cannot go to Japan because Japan as well as many other countries have restricted entry of foreigners due to the Covid-19 pandemic. 

That depends.

Are you over 18?

Are you paying for it?

If both answers are yes, then you're not asking; you're letting your  mother know you're planning to travel (obviously post-COVID)

of  course  you  cannot  go  to  japan … you  need  chaperone … and  your  parents  both  should  be  chaperones.  my  kids  never  were  allowed … and  they  did  not  allow  their  kids  either.

seriously … get  over  yourself … your  parents  know  best.  you  will  become  adult  soon  enough … and  then  you'll  wish  you  were  a  kid  again.