Do you think DVDs will be still used in 10 years?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I don't believe that DVDs and BD discs will be available by 2030 because everyone would have watched all those boring movies and tv series. All movies and series will be available free of charge on your personal tricorder attached to your hand.

• Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes. For the movies made before the new moves. Those moves will entail buying movies digitally or higher priced outlets like Netflix. I can envision each studio having their own website where they show their own movies for either a flat rate or for each individual movie. I wouldnt be surprised if some or all movie theaters are phased out. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No way. How else will Hollywood movies be released after their time at the cinema? They're too expensive to be on prime or netflix.

• 2 months ago

Technology is advancing so rapidly who knows what will be used in ten years. You may be able to put on a pair of glasses and see anything you want from virtual reality to a movie to a projection of the future or the world might be destroyed and if you are left alive yo may be living in a cave. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dformd
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Its out of date now

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think so yes, because not everybody has a bluray player. 

Also the low cost of most used DVDs appeals to those on a budget.

• Webbo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'll still be watching my large collection I know that.

• 2 months ago

Of course. There's like a trillion DVDs in circulation right now. And, they're still being manufactured for 4K and below. Many, many people still love having a hard copy disk for their players. Streaming is obviously the future, but that's not gonna get rid of disks in regular stores and discount stores too. There are simply too many still being manufactured, and it will continue because many audiophiles and videophiles want the latest audio and video advancements, like future surround sound systems and 8K video and up when they become available. CD's are still around too, and who thought albums would make a comeback?

If there's a format that's pretty much dead, it's VHS. I only see them at discount stores. But, there's still a lot of them. I tried selling mine, but they wouldn't take them. 

• Olive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Thats a good possibility

• 2 months ago

10 years?  Not much if at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.