Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can I refuse cataract surgery?

I do not want it unless they are going to either correct the eye color or do lasik so I dont need glasses...

No sense in doing surgery if I still need glasses or Im stuck with ugly brown eyes..  Cataracts eventually become a grayish blue haze that Id rather have.

Blindness is better than glasses

Why would you, it works with Little risk I had it done 20 years ago and only need reading Glasses

• Andy

Blindness better than glasses?  You're just an attention whore. 

I would of thought you can refuse it

• Willie

They're your eye and if you want to go blind then refuse the surgery.

• L

Having Cataract Surgery is NEVER necessary.

First of all, the color of your iris will not change when you have cataracts. If you let them go long enough, eventually, your pupil will be white. There is a condition called arcus that makes the edges of your cornea grey, it comes from high cholesterol so you could start working on that. If you have a good surgeon, they should be able to correct your distance vision with normal cataract surgery that your insurance will pay for. For extra out of pocket cost, you may be able to eliminate glasses all together with just the cataract surgery.

If you want to have terribly blurry vision forever, and if you want to fail the driver's license tests, then don't have the surgery.  Glasses do not help the blurry vision caused by cataracts. 

I had cataract surgery and my vision is almost perfect again. Everyone's results are different when it comes to vision, but the blurry is gone.

• Tavy

You are aware that cataracts can make you Blind. ....

Having non-emergency surgery is voluntary.

Of course you won't know what colour your eyes look once you get full cataracts as you will be totally blind but that is far better than brown eyes or needing glasses isn't it TROLL?