Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 2 months ago

International Student in Korea?

I want to teach english in korea. What colleges are the best to look at education and cost wise?

2 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Korea is heavily recruiting native speakers of English with a college degree AND a certificate in TESL to teach English. You can go to, click on Jobs and see the jobs available and the requirements. There are many certificate programs- the most widely respected is the one run out of Cambridge University. But you could also get an undergraduate degree with a major in TESL.

    Now, if you want to go university, there are some in Korea that are recruiting US students. You can do a Google search, and look at the websites of universities there for information on how to apply as an international student. One of the universities in Seoul was visiting universities in the US before COVID, trying to recruit students and offering financial aid. 

  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If you want to teach English in Korea, you will need to obtain a diploma from an accredited university in one of the Golden Seven countries - Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the US... A diploma from a Korean university would not qualify you to teach English in Korea. 

    You need to hold a passport from one of those countries in order to be eligible for an E-1 or E-2 teaching visa. 

    If you're asking "Which universities in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, and the US would be best?" the answer would be "There are hundreds of universities in those seven countries." 

    It all depends on what you want to study, what your budget is, and which passport you hold.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.