I can't find in the scripture where Jesus said something and I swore I read it ?

The words were, "Jesus said, "Many will believe upon me but unless their name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life they shall not enter.".......I still can see the words but I can't find them in the Bible....It was like a warning that there could be something wrong in the Christian world that you can believe in Christ, yet not have your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life.....I hope my name is there for sure....Can you help me for I do not want me, myself and I to be one of those left out for I'm sure, I have a mansion God has prepared for me and I bet it's beautiful......What message could be coming forth in the Christian Church that could cause this to happen to a believer....

There is no such passage.  Names are either written or they are not.  Rev. 13:8, 20:12, 3:5, 21:7, 20:15,, 3:1-6, 20:11-15, Lk. 10:20, Ex. 32:33, Ps. 69:28, Mal. 3:16, Rev. 17:8, Phil. 4:3, Ex. 32:31-33, Dan. 12:1

No, Jesus told us specifically that NOT MANY will believe in Me - which is the opposite of what you have thought.  Narrow is the way to eternal life and only a FEW will find it (Matthew 7: 13 & 14).

The other scripture of course is in the book of Revelation.  It says at least three or four times in there that only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life  (Rev 21:27) will enter the New Jerusalem.  The new Jerusalem is mentioned in Rev. 21.  

There are other scriptures about Jesus opening the Books in heaven - the Book of Life etc., (Rev 20: 12 - 14) and so on

• Misty

Who cares what bronze age goat and sheep herders said, you need to try life in the real world.

That may have been written somewhere, but, it certainly is not in the Bible.  Not in those words, anyway.

- Theologian

It sounds like an amalgam of two of Jesus' statements. Mat. 7:21-22 Jesus said "Not everyone that says to me, 'Lord Lord' shall enter the kingdom of heaven... Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name... etc' but they will be debarred from Heaven. They are the hypocrites who claim to be Christians, doing mighty deeds in Jesus' name, but He knows they are shams.

The second bit is in a couple of places in Revelation. Jesus promises that those who keep their white garments clean and overcome in His name will not have Jesus blot their names out of His Book of Life (6:5-6). This implies that some who have their names written in the Lamb's Book of Life shall have their names blotted out - erased. That would link in to Mat. 7 above. Then in  20:12-15 on the Day of Resurrection & Judgment, the dead arise and stand before God. "And the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books... and whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

As long as you sincerely love the Lord Jesus and obey His commands (John 14:15-27) your faith in Christ will keep you secure. The Holy Spirit will be your comforter. Do read those verses and be assured. Faith saves, and saving faith is shown in good works that God prepared for you to do, which will glorify Him (not contribute to salvation, for nothing can add to the finished work of salvation wrought on the cross.)

To find those words use an old fashioned Google called a Bible Concordance. What it means ./ how God means it / idk.

• Dave D

Matthew 7 says something similar "21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,[j] but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you.[k] Depart from me, you evildoers.’"

How anyone can continue to say that only faith is necessary to be saved after reading that passage is totally beyond me.  Obviously our actions speak louder than our words.

It could be Rev 3:5

Your exact quote does not exist: 

Revelation 3:1-6

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. “‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels

Revelation 21:27 KJV — And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.