What is your favorite ftp and why?

I have been using FileZilla for years so I was just wondering if something better may be out.

I need to have 2 running at the same time.

Also, how to I find out what my saved password is from FileZilla?

I have used a few just to try them out but I've used ws_ftp from ipswich for years and that's the one I tend to faithfully on a daily basis..

• Ian

Hotdog.  Very small, very basic and wonderful.

• Snezzy

I normally use FileZilla, but sometimes I'll use "ftp" on the command line in Unix or Linux. It's remained the same, with many additional subcommands, for decades. If you want to use two (or more) of the command at once, simply open another "terminal" window. For better security there is the sftp command. And other stuff.

• Lv 7

i've used FileZilla for the past 2 decades.

there are tons of other FTP apps, but FZ still gets updated.

as long as it does what you need, what is the problem?

I've used Filezilla for years also and would not change unless there are desired features that Filezilla does not offer. If you have no such issues, I suggest staying with Filezilla.

FileZilla is still my favorite for a gui program.  It's rare that I need to ftp anything nowadays, though, since most things can go through the Cloud in some fashion.