What is your favorite ftp and why?

I have been using FileZilla for years so I was just wondering if something better may be out.

Update:

I need to have 2 running at the same time.

Also, how to I find out what my saved password is from FileZilla?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I have used a few just to try them out but I've used ws_ftp from ipswich for years and that's the one I tend to faithfully on a daily basis..

• Ian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Hotdog.  Very small, very basic and wonderful.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I normally use FileZilla, but sometimes I'll use "ftp" on the command line in Unix or Linux. It's remained the same, with many additional subcommands, for decades. If you want to use two (or more) of the command at once, simply open another "terminal" window. For better security there is the sftp command. And other stuff.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

i've used FileZilla for the past 2 decades.

there are tons of other FTP apps, but FZ still gets updated.

as long as it does what you need, what is the problem?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I've used Filezilla for years also and would not change unless there are desired features that Filezilla does not offer. If you have no such issues, I suggest staying with Filezilla.

• 2 months ago

FileZilla is still my favorite for a gui program.  It's rare that I need to ftp anything nowadays, though, since most things can go through the Cloud in some fashion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.