christina asked in PetsBirds · 4 months ago

How do I get rid of the hundreds of pigeons my neighbor won’t stop feeding?

My neighbor is a delightful woman, she just has a love for birds and it has developed into a pigeon infestation. We have 50-100 birds hanging out on our rooftops and in the grass across the street at any given time. We have asked her to stop feeding them, she agrees to only keep the food in the feeders instead of everywhere for the smaller birds but, baby step but ok. She follows this agreement for a week, just long enough to see a small difference in the number of birds waiting around for their next meal. We can no longer park in the Driveway without our cars getting splattered. We closed up our carport because there were some living in there, only to have her start allowing them to hatch their babies on her side. I love this woman, she loves these birds, I don’t know how to get rid of these things without ruining our relationship. I was hoping for an ultrasonic pitch, but it doesn’t seem to work on larger rodent, and want to be sneaky about it. 

Call animal control for advice on what to do. The problem will only grow worse the longer it goes on. I think it is a potential health issue, especially if you have kids or pets in the home.

Have a heart to heart talk with the dear lady.   If she's oblivious, report this to the health department.